Team Lead/Engineering Supervisor, Firmware
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4734
Requisition Number: R4215
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking foran Engineering Supervisor, Firmware to build high quality products. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a highly influential leaderon the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. You will have the opportunityto directly impactcellular connectivity, infotainment, and other software projectsat Polaris. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride! Responsibilities include balancing multiple project priorities within a portfolio of initiatives, managing resources and schedule, working closely with program management and Development teams, and overall ensuring that Polaris produces quality software as a regular occurrence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Supervise global firmware engineers and build a world class firmware team.
- Responsible for staff development and transfer of knowledge to team.
- Understand the current and future technical needs of the various product groups, distill to a technical strategy, and execute development activity to meet the vehicle needs.
- Tracks technology development trends and competitive product development trends to help identify and anticipate future opportunities and competitive threats.
- Coordinate and oversee engineering development, testing, design, and validation efforts to ensure project objectives are met per schedule and budget
- Resolve and implement corrective action on field issues and warranty.
- Interview, hire, and recommend according to Polaris's project and initiative roadmap for team expansion and growth, including full time employees and contractors.
- Manage within project timelines and resources.
- Create plans and execute them for building best of breed quality processes, especially automation as appropriate.
- Measure each team's and each individual developer's productivity, track and provide updates with recommendations for improvement, eliminating bottlenecks, etc.
- Drive individual and team training, productivity and process improvements using Scrum development, LEAN practices, and external training resources.
- Own responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Prepare monthly budget submissions, reports and presentations
- Overall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Drive to improve Agile software development process.
- Lead or participate Agile meetings such as daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective review, etc.
- Willing to step up and take a lead for other activities as required by our business. Any other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS or above in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years previous experience working in the firmware development field.
- 5+ years with of applied Agile software development experience.
- 2+ years as a manager or supervisor responsible for managing firmware engineers.
- 2+ years of firmware development experience.
- 5+ years of software development life cycle management (SDLC).
- Strong collaboration skills across entire department.
- Strong influence skills.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Be a team player that can work well across and up and down the organization.
- Strong professional development and team building skills.
- Experience in automotive firmware development.
- Experience in Vehicle Infotainment software development.
- Familiar with the latest software technology in the automotive industry.
- Experience with software program management
- Experience with Bluetooth/WIFI firmware development
- Experience with audio firmware development
- Experience with Apple Carplay software development
- Experience with Android Auto software development
- Experience with Android OS for automotive industry.
- Experience with ASPICE or V-model software development process.
- Tier - 1 or Tier - 2 working experience for automotive industry.
- Standard office environment.
- Limited travel required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Team Lead/Engineering Supervisor, Firmware
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN