Software Program Leader
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4735
Requisition Number: R4214
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking fora software program leader to build high quality products. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a highly influential leaderon the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. You will have the opportunityto directly impactcellular connectivity, infotainment, and other software projectsat Polaris. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride! The primary responsibility is to plan software projects, track software development status and report software project status to key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Lead individual software engineers globally and create software development plan based on the team's input.
- Assist Global Business Unit (GBU) program managers and provide necessary information for GBU project status.
- Drive alignment with different stakeholders for the software project planning and execution.
- Collect software project status by working with individual software engineers globally and report the status to key stakeholders proactively.
- Lead the team to identify different ideas and facilitate the team to reach agreements with related teams or stakeholders. This includes technical issues and non technical issues.
- Anticipate technical risks and schedule risks, and identify risk mitigation plan proactively.
- Report project status in a weekly project review meeting.
- Follow up actions identified as part of weekly project review meeting and drive closure for those actions.
- Continue to work with the team and make recommendations for improving software development process.
- Lead or participate Agile meetings such as daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective review, etc.
- Manage software development backlogs and adjust priorities based on the stakeholders' input.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years previous experience working in Automotive software field. 5+ years with Agile methodology and have direct experience to apply Agile methodology in automotive software development field.
- 5+ years of IVI software development experience.
- 5+ years of software development life cycle management (SDLC).
- 5+ years of software program management experience. Familiar with the latest software technology in the Automotive Industry.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience.
- Strong collaboration skills across entire department.
- Strong influence skills.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Team Player that can work well across and up and down the organization.
- Strong professional development and team building skills.
- Experience with connected vehicle use case and technology.
- Experience with managing software projects include Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
- Experience with using Android OS for automotive industry.
- Experience with ASPICE or V-model software development process.
- Tier - 1 or Tier - 2 working experience for automotive industry.
- Standard office environment.
- Limited travel required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Program Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN