Embedded System Validation Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4736
Requisition Number: R4213
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking foran engineer responsiblefor the validation oftheembedded controlssystemwhich includes the integration ofECUhardware and software. Your primary responsibility is the development and execution of testsbased onrequirements;and the analysis of the test results.You will design and develop any necessary harnesses and vehicle loads tosupport automated, bench, and/oron-vehiclevalidation. You will have to simulate vehicle components such as sensors, switches, and actuators.Youwillalso have to diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware, andwiringissues to support validation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Work withcontrol systems engineerstoplantest script development and softwarevalidation schedules.
- Manage multipleECU validation schedules and projects simultaneously.
- Review and understandECU software requirements andthe desired functionality of the vehicle system.
- Design test cases and develop test scriptsforsoftware validation.
- Setup, execute, and analyze the results ofthe software validationand report results to stakeholders.
- Designharnessesand loads banksfor thevalidationto simulate a vehicle based onwire schematicsand components.
- Ensure thathardware validation is completed asrequiredby suppliers ortest labs.
Additionally, you may:
- Develop additional software tools to support test automation.
- Developreal-timeplant models to perform closed loop testing.
- Participate in HARA/DFMEA andFunctionalSafety discussions.
- Help to design newHardware in the Loopsystems or upgrades to support additional testing.
- Provide input toembedded systemimprovements and design.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. or higher in Engineering required, prefer Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering; would consider candidates with a B.S.inComputer Science, Physics, or Mathematics with applicable experience in an automotive related software testing role.
- Understanding of engine, powertrain, chassis, body, suspensionor other vehiclecontrol systems.
- Experience with automated test development and programming.
- Experience with vehicle communication protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot test hardware and wire harnesses using scopes and multimeters.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience withPython programming and debugging.
- Experience with real-time hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test system hardware and software.
- Experience withdSPACE, ETAS,NI, or otherhardware and softwaretestsystems.
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with CAN/J1939/UDS.
- Experience with OBD2 (J1979; ASAM MCD3-D; ASAM ODX).
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Experience with real-timeplantmodeling.
- Experience withGit andcommand line/shell.
- Experience with ASAM XIL v2+.
- Experience with ECU measurement and calibration (CCP/XCP; ASAM MCD3-MC).
- Experiencewith lifecycle management software, PTC Integrity/Windchill PLM.
- Standard office environment.
- Limited travel required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Embedded System Validation Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN