Vehicle Occupant Protection Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4738
Requisition Number: R4165
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsiblein implementation of occupant protection strategies and solutions across Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- • Primary technical resource for Vehicle Occupant Protection for Polaris
• Provides expertise in design for occupant safety & protection systems - all vehicles
• Coordinate actions of the Occupant Protection Peer Team for cross-enterprise occupant safety planning; maintain safety roadmaps
• Assists in data analysis, research, testing & benchmarking to develop safety & protection solutions around seat belts/restraint systems, ergonomics, crashworthiness, Rollover Protections (ROPS) standards, and/or occupant space claims
• Supports development of technical specifications, designs & validation methods
• Assists in related product investigations; facilitates root cause analyse
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- • BS in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering; MS preferred
• 8+ years of relevant product development experience involving vehicle design, CAE, data analysis, benchmarking, and planning
• Preferred knowledge in one or more of the following regulatory/compliance areas: OSHA, NHTSA, FMVSS, SAE, and/or ROHVA standards
• Thorough knowledge of vehicle systems and functionality
• Proven communicator and self-starter
• Automotive knowledge/experience preferred; HARA/DFMEA/PFMEA experience preferred
- Fast paced office environment
- Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Vehicle Occupant Protection Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN