Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 4742
Requisition Number: R4135
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for executing robust electrical routed system harness designs, complex component placement, and vehicle level design integration activity of complex vehicle controllers and antennae in support of Polaris' Infotainment and Connected Systems vehicle portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines ideal electrical component placement and manufacturing routing to ensure overall system design, performance, and cost conformance.
- Determines the nature and type of electronic models, detailed drawings, and analysis required to support the design work above, and executes the above in the context of Polaris' design process.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, diagrams, drawings, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of routing, antenna performance, environmental conditions, and other engineering artifacts.
- Participates in collaborative design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Designs brackets, features, interfaces, and other mechanical component designs to augment the successful design, routing, and performance characteristics of harness solutions.
- Takes a hands-on approach in product development - continuously working to correlate designs with real-life performance and function.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 1 to 5 years minimum related design experience.
- Experience with Pro/Engineer Creo 4.0 desired.
- Experience in an Electrical Engineering development toolchain (Siemens/Mentor Capital suite, etc.) desired.
- Experience with the routing of cables and flexible components desired.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic or on-the-job experience and broad practical experience in design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Ability to delegate work to supporting team members (up to 3) supporting detailing and drafting activities Direct and coordinate contract design team.
- Fast-paced office environment Travel as needed (less than 10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Layout Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US