Safety and Quality Engineer-Snow
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4744
Requisition Number: R4180
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Safety and Quality Engineer-Snow
Leads product safety and quality investigations and reporting for the Snow team. Quarterbacks snowmobile product safety and quality topics through the Polaris Action Policy (PAP) process. Interacts with engineering teams (e.g., Snow, Powertrain), Post Sales Surveillance (PSS), Operations, etc. to identify and investigate conditions that may be related to safety and make recommendations regarding potential field actions. Will also drive appropriate preventative actions to ensure repeat occurrences do not occur.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with PSS team to identify and understand current and emerging quality trends
- Review and analysis of Daily Inquiry Updates for early indicators for potential safety events
- Conduct investigations that may involve leading small cross functional investigation teams to determine the scope of potentially affected vehicles, the rate at which the condition is and may occur in the future, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions.
- Manage root cause analysis activities through tools such as A3, 8D or CAPA. Own and assist in corrective action activities
- Act as liaison with external labs or agencies to lead investigations
- Search and analyze field data from corporate databases to support investigative work.
- Complete safety assessments to support recommendations to Polaris' leadership team.
- Develop and present, as necessary, materials needed to support the Polaris escalation process for topics that may be related to quality.
- As needed, participate in and make suggestions regarding safety during the review of current and future products.
- Work with the appropriate group(s) to ensure sufficient preventative actions are implemented to ensure conditions do not occur on future products.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years engineering and/or product investigation experience (preferably with consumer products).
- Knowledge of vehicles systems or areas such as powertrain, chassis, electrical, crashworthiness, strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical skills, ability to root cause and problem solve.
- Bias for action and accuracy
- Experience with or willingness to learn and apply problem solving and root cause analysis tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Safety and Quality Engineer-Snow
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US