Technical Service Representative
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4757
Requisition Number: R3797
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Provide value added service support to Polaris dealers and customers through technical problem resolution, product training, and acting as the voice of the dealer technician to field and internal departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads projects and cross functional teams as needed
• Participates in technical service team initiatives, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
• Provides telephone and electronic case support for technical product support, all warranty claim authorizations
• Assists dealers with vehicle troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair assistance
• Conducts in-person dealer visits as needed to resolve technical vehicle concerns
• Assist in the development, review and feedback for technical service manuals, videos, team tip articles, bulletin information, part numbers and repair procedures
• Assists with specific model service manuals, photo research, diagnostic and testing development
• Conducts flat rate time studies for warranty flat rate manuals
• Assists Customer Service and Technical Service with escalated case resolution
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Science or related field required
• Strong mechanical aptitude in powersports and/or automotive
• Three to five years of customer service experience
• Experience in project management, analytics, budgets, labor allocation and scheduling
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work under pressure individually or in a team environment
• Strong ability to methodically evaluate complex problems and provide strong recommendations for resolution
• Excellent leadership skills and tract record with ability and desire to take on a larger leadership role in the future
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and typing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts, ideas and technical terminology.
Fast pace office environment.
Some vehicle repair work and travel required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Service Representative
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US