Sales & Marketing Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4773
Requisition Number: R4274
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As the Sales & Marketing Manager, you will lead the development of short- and long-term go-to-market vision, strategy, tactics, and execution for the global Motorcycle Parts, Garments, and Accessories (PG&A) business. You will play a critical role leading the evolution from a traditional wholesale model to a truly omni-channel, retail-focused operating model for the Indian and Slingshot categories. You will align your team's efforts to grow retail sales results while informing, engaging, and inspiring consumers and dealers throughout the purchase process. You will work closely with PG&A category teams, field sales leadership, E-Commerce, and the Motorcycle business unit to bring your strategies to life and execute plans to drive both wholesale and retail performance. The Sales & Marketing Manager is a crucial member of the go-to-market leadership team, reporting to the Global On-Road PG&A Category Management VP/GM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage comprehensive integrated PG&A marketing strategies and plans for Indian and Slingshot brands. Manage all components of plan development, implementation and measurement including Corporate Long-Range Planning, Annual Category Plans and Budgets.
- Lead wholesale strategies and plans to engage and educate dealers as our most important advocates and partners in serving customers.
- Create and manage sales incentives, dealer profiles and programs to achieve financial results. Drive execution through team and field sales resources and adapt as needed throughout the year to achieve revenue targets for the business.
- Manage retail and wholesale promotional budget and determine optimal mix to drive both stocking and retail activities.
- Oversee business analysis to assess the effectiveness of tactics, determine market conditions and inform planning and execution of sales and marketing strategies.
- Partner with the Marketing Strategy & Operations Manager to drive continuous improvement in key elements of PG&A marketing:
- National consumer demand initiatives
- Creative packaging design
- Print and digital catalogs (10+ annually)
- PG&A Sponsored events (e.g. dealer shows, sales meetings, consumer events)
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and E-Commerce peers to design and build a flexible but focused content strategy, leveraging consumer and dealer insights, that reinforces key messages across channels - particularly retail, digital, and direct.
- Establish and drive our digital communication strategy and execution working with the motorcycle GBU and digital teams
- Drive integration of key PG&A product strategies and communication in wholegoods marketing execution, including national media, in-store programming, packaging, merchandising and consumer promotions.
- Partner with PG&A and Corporate resources to drive consumer research plans and leverage insights to enhance marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop and cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with key leaders in field sales and wholegoods business unit.
- Build and manage a high-performing Sales and Marketing team, identifying future staffing needs to support PG&A growth goals, improving functional expertise and organizational credibility.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant sales and marketing experience; previous managerial experience preferred
- Proven track record of marketing expertise and successes, with hands-on knowledge of strategy, competitive analysis, sales, advertising, promotions, and portfolio management.
- Outstanding leadership and collaboration skills required
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Previous agency management experience required.
- Previous sales leadership or B2B marketing experience preferred.
- An understanding, appreciation, and/or passion for Power Sports or similar businesses preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales & Marketing Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US