Account Operations Specialist
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4779
Requisition Number: R4109
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This role will play a critical part in the forecasting, ordering, logistics, and disposition of the fleet of vehicles across the Polaris Adventures network. Working on the front end to accurately forecast vehicle demand and ensure economical and optimized transportation runs meeting contracted delivery deadlines. Then working to maximize vehicle residual values by leveraging relationships across multiple channels selling directly B2B. A successful candidate is skilled at establishing and maintaining relationships across a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, is able to think analytically to solve problems, and take proactive stance to create predictability across all areas of the role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with each partner resulting in repeat purchases
- Collaborate cross functionally to assist in building accurate vehicle forecast
- Build and deploy distribution forecast / plan to maximize machine values
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of machines ensuring revenue can be recognized in the correct month
- Forecast, track, and report key metrics to management on a regular cadence
- Identify and grow opportunities within existing defined territory
- Leverage existing sales team to make new connections and enhance selling opportunities
- Upsell and cross-sell to maximize per unit revenue
- Assist in the logistics of moving machines to their destination as required
- Ensure all quotes, sales agreements, and documentation is completed in a timely manor
- Travel as necessary to build relationships and strengthen territory
- Communicate pertinent information about dealerships to the management team and team members.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years relationship / needs based selling, remarketing, or logistics experience; the ability to manage relationships across multiple organizations and locations, serving a variety of needs.
- Demonstrated experience with presentations, and being comfortable speaking to groups and clients of all sizes.
- Must be able to build rapport, influence and utilize diplomacy to effectively sell large quantities of machines
- Ability to think conceptually, formulate and strategically plan.
- Must be able to negotiate challenges, remove barriers and work through issues
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Superior interpersonal skills: Ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse group of individuals, both internally and externally building strong relationships with customers and team members, and ability to resolve conflicts or concerns as they arise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years experience selling to a defined network of accounts
- Experience in the automotive or powersports industry
- Thorough understanding of the logistics and trucking industry
- Working knowledge of dealerships, and the different functions within
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Operations Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US