Consumer Insights Associate Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4788
Requisition Number: R4336
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is looking for an experienced consumer insights professional to join the Off-Road Vehicles (ORV) Consumer Insights team. The Associate Manager will be part of a collaborative team of insights professionals and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of both quantitative and qualitative research.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for the management of our Owners Council - working across all ORV brands they'll plan, design and execute all consumer research studies in the council and help build the "voice of the consumer" within the ORV teams. They will be required to manage several projects at a time, working with partners in product, marketing and engineering to distribute actionable consumer insights & analysis to drive growth.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter, capable of working independently, and has commitment to learn the ORV industry, keep up to date on third party industry research and invest time in learning research industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(75%) Manage the Polaris Owners Council
- Serve as the internal expert on the in-house survey platform, coaching others on the team in best practices, and establishing usage guidelines.
- Manage relationships, usage & contracts with third party vendor
- Lead all work in the Owners Council:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to scope research projects to deliver on key objectives
- Develop (write) surveys and qualitative guides, program into online platforms
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative consumer data to identify unique category insights
- Leverage communication skills to transfer analysis and insights from research into an effective presentation format, and present findings and recommendations to business partners and senior management.
- Maintain detailed and up to date pipeline of all live and upcoming projects and solicit activities as needed to ensure an engaging experience for council members.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical consultation to the team and clients.
- Establish best practices and build a plan to grow and scale the Owners Council across the ORV global business platform
(25%) Special Projects
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager to conduct research studies using modern methods of qualitative and quantitative research. This includes working to scope, recruit, moderate, synthesize and share research findings.
- Identify, guide, and partner with external vendors to execute client insights projects, as needed.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, business, analytics or other relevant discipline related to the requirements of this position
- 2-5 years experience of consumer research experience (supplier, client or agency)
- Experience developing, writing (authoring surveys), programming and executing quantitative surveys and leading qualitative research studies
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with unformatted data - is able to synthesize results into concise written findings and strategic implications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of strong project management and organization - knows how to prioritize their time and efforts
- Self motivated and able to work effectively in a fast paced culture
- Excellent PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Corporate office environment
- Limited travel (up to 15%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Consumer Insights Associate Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US