Supplier Quality Engineering NPI Supervisor
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4792
Requisition Number: R4339
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Supplier Quality Engineer Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the sub-group of the Supplier Quality Technical Project managers regarding New Product Development projects. This role focuses on assessing & improving supplier quality performance, identifying and mitigating risk along with providing problem resolution support and presenting status updates to all levels in the organization. Leadership, project management, strong problem-solving skills; knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality systems / tools are critical to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the efforts of the Global SQE NPI team to achieve department and GBU goals.
- Document and communicate program status through effective presentations at gate reviews, team meetings, etc. to cross functional teams and executive management.
- Proactively manage NPI projects to minimize supplier caused assembly line issues, warranty issues, and drive cost down by partnering with other global business units to achieve cross functional success.
- Drive use of standard problem-solving tools and ability to report up the key details.
- Develop tools to grow efficiency and coverage of global SQE NPI .
- Manage a high volume of projects by balancing team workload.
- Mastery of quality tools: PPAP, APQP and root cause analysis is required.
- Provide feedback on strategic opportunities and long-range planningfor dept.
- Collaborate with suppliers and Polaris engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) concepts are followed.
- Support corrective actions and manage team on time completion and effectiveness.
- Perform special projects as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS degree in Engineering required
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience
- 10% travel required to plants & suppliers, including international trave
- Technical Project Management and Presentation skill are required
- Excellent Problem Solving, Communication, and Prioritizing workload required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineering NPI Supervisor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US