Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4794
Requisition Number: R4337
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Perform proactive Quality Assurance responsibilities and support Supplier development actions for all purchased components; systems; and whole goods that contribute to successful product launches and support existing production quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to assure quality of supplied safety critical components.
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to develop strategy and tools for Polaris' supplier quality system & supply chain management improvement with a focus on standard work.
- Drives Lean principles & practices with recognized impact with regards to subject matter expertise in both the Polaris' supplier quality systems and the supply chain.
- Drives best practices and provides direction on the strategy development and implementation for assigned categories in alignment with the broader supply chain strategy.
- Conduct Supplier Training, Quality Audits, Process Audits, and Improvement Events
- Execute Root Cause Problem Solving & Corrective/Preventative Action.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Manage multiple APQP projects for critical launches and assess supplier production readiness via PPAP, pulse order, & R@R.
- Perform Quality System Audits on suppliers and make recommendations for suitability to Polaris requirements and development needs.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience (plastics)
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to QMS, SPC, APQP, 8D, PPAP, CAPA, and Quality Systems
- Quality System / Manufacturing Process Auditing Experience with knowledge of ISO 9001/ TS 16949 requirements.
- Robust technical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with documenting and conveying technical information.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally internally as well as with a diverse / global supply base.
- Flexibility to travel as required (up to an average of 20%) to supplier locations both domestic and international.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US