Sourcing Specialist II
Location: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX
Job Number: 4807
Requisition Number: R4179
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As a Sourcing Specialist II, you will manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet our four sourcing priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness. As well as, lead coordination of resources and schedules cross-functionally to support production vehicles. Working with the commodity team, you will execute according to established commodity strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Lead coordination of resources between multiple departments to assist in the development, launch, production, and continuation support of production vehicles from multiple facilities.
- Conduct business within established supplier relationships.
- Identify and communicate internally any supplier concerns or opportunities. Support cost recovery initiatives.
- Support problem resolution discussions with suppliers and ensures the adequacy and timeliness of supplier correction action plans.
- Support development and implementation of supplier contracts.
- Provide research and input so the commodity leader can assess supplier capability and fit.
- Coordinate the implementation of cost reduction projects, supplier exits, and tool transitions.
- Monitor cost, schedule, technical, and drawing release status of projects and lead corrective actions as required.
- Enter cost changes, assign selected suppliers, and support sourcing projects.
- Prepare and solicit requests for quotes and proposals based on the defined commodity strategy.
- Coordinate and communicate new component releases and design changes with suppliers.
- Ensures that tooling is appropriate based on cost and quality requirements. Negotiate tooling cost with global suppliers.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Perform cost analysis to identify opportunities.
- Execute on approved cost reduction projects. Maintain and measure cost reduction projects in VIP tracker. Work with suppliers to resolve price and invoice discrepancies.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery.
- Help support part shortages and delivery issues when necessary.
- Monitor supplier lead-times and production capacity improvement initiatives to ensure schedule flexibility.
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 2+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to sourcing leadership.
- Knowledge of project management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- 5-25% travel may be required
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: Nuevo Leon
Community / Marketing Title: Sourcing Specialist II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX