Product Investigation Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4812
Requisition Number: R4158
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This primary responsibility of this position within the ORV Continuous Improvement team is to investigate potential product quality issues, identify root cause, assess risk, and lead or support solution implementation. Other responsibilities include communication of root cause status across cross functional groups, trend monitoring, and potential process development.
- Lead or support scope, root cause, consequence, and solution implementation of potential quality issues
- Use CAPAs to drive corrective actions that will apply learnings across the organization.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues that require additional focus
- Monitor current data sources to identify trends that require attention.
- As needed, develop processes/standards for continuous improvement
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to the peer team and captured in technical documentation i.e. Design Standards, FMEAs and DVP&Rs
- Support other initiatives that relate to product safety.
- BS in Engineering required
- 3 or more years in a product development role (design, test, or manufacturing).
- Hands on problem solving experience along with mechanical aptitude strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of ORV or vehicle systems/components
- Structured problem solving and predictive statistics experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
- Decisive, self motivated, and prone to action
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be customer focused to drive continual improvement
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Investigation Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US