Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4813
Requisition Number: R4371
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Snow Global Marketing Director will serve as a representative of the Snow Leadership Team, leading the marketing team to create and execute strategies and plans that build the Polaris snow brands, generate consumer demand and drive retail sales for the global Snow business, including Snowmobiles, Timbersled, Parts, Garments and Accessories. This role will develop, produce and execute high-impact content and strategy based on a deep understanding of consumer insights. The marketing strategy will differentiate Polaris from competition through unique and ownable messaging and authentic brand representation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Global Marketing Strategy - develop effective, efficient strategies and lead team in executing implementation of key plan elements to create consumer demand that drives retail sales. This role will plan and execute a marketing strategy inclusive of all marketing touchpoints for both the Snowmobile and Timbersled businesses. Includes media, content, digital, retail events, partnerships, and experiential opportunities that generate consumer engagement and retail sales demand.
- Lead cross-functional teams in implementing global Snow Marketing strategy and plan. Partner with PG&A, International, Digital Center of Excellence, and Consumer Insights counterparts to achieve a fully-integrated marketing plan across channels. Lead new vehicle introduction plan and presentations in partnership with Snow Leadership Team (Product, Sales, PG&A, International and Timbersled) to North American Dealers via Sales Meeting and enthusiast press editors through endemic-press events.
- Create effective sales programs through partnership with Director of Sales to drive retail sales both in-season and during pre-order window. Ensure communication and marketing plans ladder to overall retail goals, objectives and that dealer assets and communication are effective and engaged with.
- Strategically partner with the product management and engineering teams to develop product positioning and key product messages through consumer insights.
- Develop and implement effective dealership retail go-to-market and selling tools to maximize store traffic and improve sales closing rates. Implement within the global dealer network in conjunction with Polaris Sales.
- Establish and lead strong agency and partnership relationships that deliver business results and key performance indicators. Includes external agencies, internal services and key members of the press.
- Budget leadership - Create, track and deliver marketing budgets to quarterly & annual commitments. Build flexibility to enable contingency plans for changing market conditions. Ensure appropriate mix of working vs. non-working spend and appropriate media and channel mix to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrate functional leadership through collaboration and best practice sharing with other Polaris business units
- Lead and develop world class Marketing team. Own talent acquisition, training, development, vision and team management. Coach and guide team on deliverables and day-to-day decisions and build functional expertise in team members.
- Manage holistic influencer strategy inclusive of Athlete endorsements, Ambassador (micro-influencer) program, and Race content.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field required. MBA a plus.
- 7+ plus years of relevant marketing or product development experience
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences from Polaris senior management, to members of the press and dealers.
- Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools/techniques.
- Standard office environment.
- Periodic, but extensive travel required at seasonal points of the year (i.e. Photo shoots, video and print production, PR / DSM / Dealer Meetings, selected shows & events, etc.)
- Location - Bass Creek (Headquarters)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Dir, Marketing
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US