Analyst, Cost Sr.
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4814
Requisition Number: R4419
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Job Title : Sr. Cost Analyst
Product Group : Snow Engineering
MANAGER: Pat Adrian
Prepare, track and report snowmobile model BOM costs on a regular basis. Drive accuracy and precision around BOM costs for base model and F&O content. Identify missing or inaccurate costs through anomaly detection. Ensure proper item type structures. Be the right arm of the engineering project teams (vehicle & systems) for knowing and understanding our vehicle cost structure with high confidence. Work collaboratively with product management and finance partners to build accurate COGS budgets, input to new program business cases, input to pricing and margin expansion efforts. Help make the news on all things model cost related.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Drive year over year model cost improvement with high confidence analysis, reporting and team work
- Work collaboratively with snow team to understand and effectively communicate model costs to inform sound decision making.
- Be an integral part of program IPT teams to help make the news on cost decisions & impacts
- Prepare & distribute periodic (monthly) reports for model cost and option(s) trends.
- Understand current cost ingredients; material, labor, purchased OH, logistics.
- Assist make vs. buy and insource/outsourcing decisions that are best for Polaris & Snow GBU
- Utilize and develop efficient methods for extracting and analyzing product costs, identify incorrect costs
- Coordinate the preparation of projected and budgeted model costs. Work with engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing engineering to determine cost impact of model planned changes.
- Proactively work with cross functional team members to identify potential cost saving opportunities
- Provide on-going financial support for product costing, purchasing special projects, and cost saving initiatives including preparation of presentations for the Polaris leadership Team
- Work closely with finance partners with seamless handoffs for total COGS budgeting & forecasts
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Accounting/Finance/Supply Chain or Engineering preferred
- 5 plus years of experience in Accounting/Finance/BOM work required
- Excellent communication, team work and leadership skills to work cross functionally
- Bias towards action, data clarity and decision making. Open to new, more efficient methods.
- Experience with Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required. Hyperion and MAPICS experience a plus. Experience and/or aptitude with BI Cube
- Demonstrated success developing tools to improve financial analysis and financial system added value to the functional group
- Proven experience working with and influencing cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Must be able to work with large amounts of data and complex Bills of Material (BOM)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst, Cost Sr.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US