On Site Sr. HR Generalist - TAYLOR-DUNN
Location: Anaheim, California US
Job Number: 4820
Requisition Number: R4452
Taylor-Dunn is the leading provider of commercial and industrial vehicle solutions with a broad portfolio of electric, LPG and gas powered personnel, burden, and tow vehicles which are used in industry and commerce across the United States and throughout the world.
In this position, you will primarily act as an employee advocate and partner to our leaders on all issues related to human resources for our Taylor-Dunn manufacturing/production site in Anaheim, CA. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the first point of contact for managers, supervisors, and employees and provide counsel, coaching and support on HR related topics and issues in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Maintain visibility and active presence, providing daily support and communication
- Talent management including identification of talent needs, organizational design, and talent acquisition with the end game of building world class teams with bench strength.
- Develop and execute annual HR plans that address client HR issues and priorities, high potential employee development, leadership succession planning, and other desired organizational changes.
- Manage to achieve positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, and employer of choice status, ensuring consistent application of policies and practices.
- Manage employee relations issues and ensure concerns are properly identified, reported & resolved
- Ensure HR functional excellence in core processes such as compensation and benefits administration, payroll, talent acquisition, and organizational development.
- Perform day-to-day payroll and benefits activities including weekly payroll transactions and benefits enrollment and administration.
- Oversee LOA processes; processing transactions as well as educating employees on LOA processes and procedures
- Play a key role in continuous improvement activity, both in implementing new and improving existing HR / talent processes.
- Analyze and interpret data as required to support HR strategy(organization fitness metrics) in core functional areas (retention, span and layers, compliance, diversity, etc.)
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to front line leaders and production employees including HR Fundamentals and Process Training, Employee Relations Management, Performance Management, Career Development, and Workplace Investigations as appropriate
- Recruit qualified candidates through website, job boards, approved agencies, and other recruiting sources.
- Manage onboarding procedures including welcome packets, new employee orientations, initiating background and drug screens, IS equipment requests, employment eligibility verification, etc.
- Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field plus minimum 5 years' relevant experience required, or; Master's degree plus minimum 3 years' relevant experience
- Bilingual - Spanish
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Intellectually curious, fast learner, willingness to accept new challenges
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident thought leader and decision maker with courage to professionally challenge others
- Results driven individual capable of high level of execution
- Highly collaborative and strong in influencing without authority
- Demonstrates proactive leadership , initiative, and autonomy
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or similar HRIS / payroll system is required
- Understanding of Labor Law and employment regulations and HR best practices
- Complex problem solving ability with prioritization and attention to detail
- High sense of urgency and customer service
Role based in Taylor-Dunn Polaris Anaheim manufacturing facility
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: On Site Sr. HR Generalist - TAYLOR-DUNN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Anaheim, California US