Digital Product Leader (Director)
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4827
Requisition Number: R4501
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Driving customer-centric digital transformation and establishing clear industry leadership in digital & connected experiences across all customer journeys is a key pillar of Polaris' strategy. The Digital Product Leader (DPL) has direct ownership and accountability for this digital transformation of their respective customer journey - product, process, people - throughout the company. This newly created and critical role is accountable for the overall digital customer experience through developing, owning and driving the respective digital product vision, strategies, architecture, design, execution and delivery for their respective domain. Directly responsible for digital product business plans, the DPL owns prioritization and rationalization of all journey inputs from the respective Polaris business units and the resulting product ideation, planning and roadmaps. The primary digital organization interface to GBU senior management, this role reports directly to the Chief Digital Officer and is a member of the Digital Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops the overall digital product strategy, high-level experience & solution architecture and supporting processes to ensure an industry leading customer experience and performance to the respective BU's business plan and strategies.
- Key leadership role responsible for the long-range planning/long range product plan (LRP/LRPP) and develops and drives execution of the digital product roadmap for their respective customer journey ensuring on time, on budget delivery of digital products.
- Directs Digital Product Owners (DPO's - responsible for technical execution) within each respective customer journey serving as the escalation point for the DPO's to ensure alignment between product strategy and execution backlog, release plans, resource balance, etc.
- Ensures full and efficient implementation of agile processes in all functions and leads the product development efforts in their domain, develops budgets and resourcing/staffing plans and manages the DPO's to ensure timely, cost effective and high-quality product delivery.
- The DPL is the primary Digital Organization interface with GBU platform owners and GBU leaders in marketing, sales, engineering, etc. working in full partnership and engagement with the GBU's to develop and align on strategic and product-focused vision and priorities including on-vehicle integration as required.
- An inherently cross-functional role, it requires ideating, influencing, gathering and prioritizing customer and business needs and working closely with business leadership and functional partners including marketing, technology, engineering, sales and customer support.
- The DPL is a key member of the Digital Leadership Team, a driver of Polaris wide digital transformation and a critical leader in ensuring we create a sustainable competitive advantage in Digital/Connected.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technical/Product Marketing, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 10+ years of relevant offer / product management and/or engineering program management / customer services management (depending upon customer journey focus) ; 5+ years of digital product management or related strategic, digital experience
- Strong experience in Ecommerce and digital selling of products and services both directly and indirectly support consumer research, decisions and purchasing
- Proven track record demonstrating an understanding of product life cycle management to take a product idea from conception to release, including new feature and function releases, upgrades, enhancements, etc.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to ideate, lead, collaborate, influence, and coordinate activities in a cross functional, team-oriented environment to deliver technology applications or technical products
- Demonstrated results establishing a product vision, complete strategy and development/deployment road maps that led to successful business value
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss digital concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated results showing ability to thrive in a growth-driven and fast-paced organization
- Digital Strategy, High-Level Experience & Solution Architecture
- Offer / Product Strategy
- Channel and Customer Strategy
- Use Case Development / Deployment and Business Capability Design
- Program Management & Product Management
- Corporate office environment - fast-paced
- Limited travel required
- Operate with minimal supervision
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Product Leader (Director)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US