Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4829
Requisition Number: R4535
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: Patent Analysts specialize in conducting patent searches and analytics for the Polaris IP team and their respective business units. They utilize their technical background and experiences to understand each invention or patent disclosure; and apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to conduct a focused and comprehensive search for prior art references for the search report. Search analysts work with constantly new inventions and cutting-edge technologies, with each project providing unique and broad challenges. IP analysts work on various types of projects, including, patentability, invalidity, state of the art, and freedom to operate searches.
- Searches for and analyzes patents and patent applications for reviews related to particular projects, technologies, and/or competitors
- Supports IP team delivery of IP risk assessment/patentability by conducting patent searches, facilitating interviews with technical staff, and/or monitoring prosecution of patent applications
- Delivers IP landscapes related to quarterly IP/product reviews, PDP programs, technologies, and/or competitors
- Monitor relevant new patent publications related to Powersports and related technologies and accumulate then distribute to targeted technical audiences for review and input
- Facilitate reviews within project teams of third party patent activity - train engineers on claim reading, highlight notable patents or claims of interest
- Monitor and update patent watch lists with the current status of prosecution, continuation, and maintenance fee payments
- Support Polaris Bangalore engineering staff:
- Assist technical staff with the generation and submission of new invention disclosures to facilitate the timely creation of quality disclosures meeting Polaris standards
- Trains new hires on IP policy and processes
- Advocate for best practices for IP communications and trade secret protection,
and ensure information protection guidelines are followed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Problem solving skills in constructing and executing patent searches using various search engines.
- Critical thinking skills to analyze found results and completing a search report.
- Technical understanding of the invention disclosure, and identification of search focus.
- Must be able to communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand format.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated, proactive and confident with a strong drive and will to perform, while also being flexible to handle both large and small projects with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to take ownership of projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment.
- Minimum bachelor's degree: mechanical, electrical or computer science.
- Would consider other technical degrees with qualifying experience.
- Law degree is a plus.
Years of Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years of patent search required.
- Engineering and patent prosecution experience is a plus.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: IP Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN