Service Engineer - Commercial
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4836
Requisition Number: R4524
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Polaris Commercial Americas team is the business unit within Polaris tasked with providing vehicle solutions, including Taylor-Dunn industrial and commercial vehicles, GEM electric Low Speed Vehicles, and Pro XD work utility vehicles, to Business-to-Business and Business-to-Government customers. The Commercial Americas team also manufactures and supports private-label UTV's for Bobcat and Ariens/Gravely. The Service Technologist role is responsible for serviceability, service readiness and escalated support for assigned products throughout the entire product life cycle. In addition to the product specific responsibilities are special projects and areas of specialization like service parts, diagnostic tools and business processes that span across all product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires a proven track record in execution, relationship building, communication, project management, and the ability to operate both independently and within a team environment.This individual will be responsible for ownership of all service considerations including serviceability, maintenance requirements, service parts and accessories, service manuals, knowledge articles, service tools, diagnostic tools, internal/external training and various other considerations. This will be accomplished by both leading others and self-completion of deliverables. The following are the primary focus areas:
Product Development Process
- Ensure service requirements are being met during the gated development process
- Act as the voice of service and voice of the customer within cross functional development teams
- Research and compile data to support the decision-making process
- Meet the deadlines for service and parts deliverables to ensure on-time product launches
- Maintain expertise about PDP, service technologies, manufacturing processes, quality processes, and the design process
- Ensure completion of all service resources including- Diagnostic Software, Service Manuals, Owner's Manuals, Parts Manuals, Flat Rate Manuals, Product Training, and other product documentation.
- Attend or Lead, and actively participate in assigned meetings
- Collaborate with partner customers (Bobcat, Ariens) on service parts and accessory integration and go-to-market readiness
Ongoing Product Support
- Lead the field campaign process for bulletins, advisories, and other field communications
- Support the ongoing product quality and engineering efforts
- Support model year updates and rolling changes to products
- Address parts and service escalations from the front-line support teams driving resolution to customer issues as a priority
- Track and prioritize submissions for changes and updates to documentation
Product End of Life
- Ensure the serviceability of products through the end of their useful life
- Support the process for ending production and moving to end of life support
- Address part supply and product quality issues until the product is no longer supported
Business and Process Support
- Support various processes, systems, and tools related to parts and service
- Create processes and gain alignment from stakeholders, drive accountability and the use of processes
- Author documentation to support the organization
- Take on special projects, tasks and other duties as assigned
- Ability to adapt to, and execute in alignment with the business values, direction and priorities, maintaining customer focus in all aspects of the role
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships and work cross functionally with various teams across, up and down the organization to achieve results.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changing circumstances, take initiative, and own outcomes.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritizing appropriately, working with minimal supervision within set guidelines and escalating concerns when appropriate.
- Ability to compromise and come to agreeable solutions that provide the best possible outcome for all involved parties
- Gathering input and alignment on decisions from stakeholders and communicating outcomes effectively
- Self-confidence and track record of success professionally managing difficult conversations under contentious circumstances
- Highly motivated, detail- oriented, self-starter with ability to work under pressure individually or in a team environment
- Strong ability to methodically evaluate complex problems and provide strong recommendations for resolution
SKILL S & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field
- Both mechanical and electrical technical proficiency and work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in a business setting with direct customer interaction
- Strong aptitude in gas, diesel and electric vehicles
- Experience in Automotive Technology, Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management, Industrial Science or related field preferred
- Experience in project management, analytics, process, budgets, labor allocation and scheduling
- Excellent leadership skills and track record with ability and desire to take on a larger leadership role in the future
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and typing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts, ideas and technical terminology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Preferred locations - Medina, MN, Wyoming MN or Anaheim, CA
- Standard fast-paced office environment - extended periods of sitting required
- Interaction with customers and dealers
- Limited travel, up to 25% of the time
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Service Engineer - Commercial
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US