IT Business Relationship Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4837
Requisition Number: R4528
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Business Relationship Manager serves as a strategic interface between assigned business units or functional areas for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management, business operations and relationship management. The BRM serves as a link across the business and D&IS at the management level. The BRM provides high valued, strategic consulting-level support and guidance throughout business strategy development and the delivery of D&IS initiatives. They communicate priorities, business needs/case, initiative outcomes regarding BU requests, projects, initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of technology risks and present opportunities to build competitive advantage by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business units. They partner with BU Leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities to prioritize projects based upon ROI, strategic connection and regulatory/compliance need. They operate as a key business contact representing D&IS in promoting D&IS services and capabilities.
The BRM focuses on strategic initiatives and planning activities for their business area. They are proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are by nature driven and provide significant value to the BUs they support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Collaboration (40%)
- Act as a key liaison across assigned business units and the Digital & Information Services function.
- Drive and facilitate the right discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities in relation to current and future business objectives.
- Understand business long range plans, strategic and tactical goals or objectives.
- Meet regularly with internal and external stakeholders to develop unique insight into business issues and needs.
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose.
- For strategic business initiatives, develop the business case and prioritization based on value and ROI.
- Collaborate with management and participate in the annual budget process for respective business units.
- Communicate and provide information to maintain effective working relationships between the business unit and D&IS. Facilitate ongoing Portfolio Reviews to provide technology investment transparency, drive accountability and alignment, as well as foster open collaboration.
Business Enablement (40%)
- Create cross-functional consensus between business and D&IS on planning and execution of capability and technology roadmaps.
- Create a shared vision of approved solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
Technical Leadership (10%)
- Understand the end-to-end business processes and capabilities for assigned business units to aid in assessing impact of change and mitigating risk.
- Possess broad knowledge of technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Participate in field research and externally monitor emerging technology and explore new technologies and services to meet GBU needs.
- Collaborate with architecture, infrastructure, and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility and align on buy vs. build decisions.
- Drives continuous improvement to D&IS processes, technologies, and applications.
- The ability to assemble an unstructured set of business needs and data points to tell the business story and communicate business value opportunity.
- Through verbal or written communication, the ability to set the tone for their areas by demonstrating-through their actions-norms for team behavior.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams to ensure GBU deliverables and objectives will be met. The ability take charge and orchestrate work, make decisions and drive the actions necessary to achieve desired results.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong organizational / management skills
- Ability to plan at strategic and tactical level
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong analytical skills
Knowledge / Experience
- Powersports, automotive and / or consumer goods manufacturing
- Minimum of 6 to 8+ years of technical delivery and/or project management experience; the ability to manage complex work across multiple teams and locations, serving a variety of needs
- Expertise in 1-3 domains (Sales, Eng, Service, Distribution, etc) relevant to assigned business unit
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in CS or MIS, Business or related field required
- BRMP (Business Relationship Management Professional) &/or CBRM (Certified Business Relationship Manager) certifications preferred
- Customer, outside-in focus
- Must have and maintain credibility within the business community
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Passion for optimizing business operations through technology
- Passion for operational excellence
- Technical aptitude and business acumen
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Business Relationship Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US