Diagnostic Systems Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4846
Requisition Number: R4578
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is seeking a Diagnostic Systems Engineer to join a growing team.
This position will lead, direct, and monitor the design and development of software, hardware, and backend infrastructure used by Polaris dealers, manufacturing, customers, and engineering teams for performing diagnostics, electronic controller reflash, and vehicle/component configuration on all Polaris products
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and monitor diagnostic tool development ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved. Hold peer group reviews, as appropriate
- Develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Perform benchmarking activities establishing industry best practices and drive roadmaps for the next generation of Polaris diagnostic tools
- Lead technical discussions with electrical, powertrain, and system engineers during product development to ensure all vehicle functions, diagnostics, and communications are compatible with diagnostic tools
- Collaborate with I.S. and engineering teams to develop and maintain vehicle database infrastructures
- Interface with Powertrain, Electrical, and System Engineering Teams as needed for release of all calibrations via diagnostic service tools
- Work with cross functional teams to bridge the gap between Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, and I.S. Communicate technical challenges and propose alternate approaches when necessary
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Engineering required, preferably in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering
- Experience with vehicle CAN communication networks, J1939 and UDS protocols preferred
- Insight into central controller platform development process and teams. Experience in the development of vehicle electronic control architectures
- Experience using tools such as CANalyzer, CANOE, Vehicle Spy, and others
- Experience in Web (Razor, Web Services, HTML, JS), C#, .NET Core, SQL and NoSql based database technologies, JSON
- Experience with REST service development and API consumption
- Experience with Repository and Build tools (e.g., Git and Jenkins)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Diagnostic Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US