Service Engineer - Electrification
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4848
Requisition Number: R4556
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This role is responsible for all service activities related to the Polaris electric vehicles. This person will lead the cross functional service team to ensure the dealer network is prepared to effectively service electric vehicles, own the service relationship with the Zero Motorcycles service organization to setup & maintain a service support plan, actively participate in all new product development (Polaris Development Process - PDP) activities, and will lead all field campaign execution tasks related to released products. This position acts as the liaison between Technical Service, Design Engineering and Zero Motorcycles to evaluate the serviceability and maintainability of products during design. They will identify service concerns for new products and recommend adjustments to design and updates/improvements to dealer service materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the serviceability and maintainability aspects of new product development
- Lead all aspects of service readiness and support for Polaris electric products
- Develop and maintain a service support strategy with the Zero Motorcycle Service Org.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the Zero Motorcycle Service Org. to gather information, escalate concerns and continuously improve the partnership strategy
- Simplify the serviceability of our electric products such that they are maintenance free or can easily be serviced by the consumer or dealer.
- Lead the development diagnostic tools/flowcharts resulting in technicians being able to diagnose issues quickly and accurately, resulting in "fixing it fast" and "fixing it right the first time"
- Publish a finalized version of the Serviceability Specification at Concept Selection Review on all new projects that has been reviewed and agreed upon by the entire cross functional team. To accomplish this task ensure that Service is an active member of all new project teams starting at or shortly after Gate one.
- Represent the Service Department on all product development projects; provide information on new product development with regard to service
- Work with Design Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering to eliminate service issues during design; maintain expertise about PDP, service technologies, manufacturing processes, quality processes, and the design process
- Ensure flat rates are available for new products and that they are kept up to date for all products
- Serve as THE go to person for all electric serviceability and maintainability issues (new product development and existing field issues)
- Provide input to owner's, service, and parts manuals, as well as other product technical resources such as dealer training material
- Lead development of special tools required to service electric products
- Work with Electrical Engineering to ensure Polaris Digital Wrench diagnostic software is updated to support new and existing products
- Attend and be an active member of all electrification product team meetings
Lead bulletin/field campaign execution and service-related communications
- Represent the Service Department in Post Sales Surveillance activities to identify potential issues for the electric product line(s)
- Recommend cost effective plans to resolve field issues as the expert on all available methods of internal and external communications to the dealer network
- Maintain communication with Technical Service, Warranty, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality, communicating information on product problems
- Manage all aspects of the Bulletin Field Execution Process
- Provide assistance to resolve escalated customer and dealer inquiries
- Assist with procurement credits from vendors
- Obtain an industry leading position in PP100 (for serviceability) and dealership service NPS scores
- Responsible for special projects and reports for maintaining a high-quality service reputation for Polaris products and for maintaining good customer relations
- Work within the Technical Service and Warranty team to standardize service processes
- Maintain comprehensive service knowledge of Polaris products
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 5 - 7 years of engineering &/or engineering service support experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient at Excel and data presentation
- Project management experience
- Strong product and industry knowledge
- Customer contact and knowledge of retail service operations
- Strong mechanical background and practical experience with electrical vehicles/engines
- Experience in the manufacturing environment
- General office environment, interacting with the engineering design team
- Significant interaction with dealers and customers
- Some Travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Service Engineer - Electrification
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US