Location: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX
Job Number: 4867
Requisition Number: R4526
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Network Administrator is responsible for the administration and monitoring of LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize all network equipment including: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco wireless controllers, Cisco access points, and F5 BIG-IP LTM
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the network infrastructure.
- Configure new and existing technology solutions according to best practices.
- Manage and monitor existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and perform optimally.
- Perform firmware upgrades to network devices to ensure proper functionality
- Assist in determining technology direction for LAN, WAN, Wireless and Load Balancers
- Perform bandwidth analysis and capacity planning to ensure performance and scalability of network
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software solutions that will support current or future business needs.
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements quickly, correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to analyze, log, track and resolve complex software/hardware issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution.
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures.
- Develop standards and processes for Level 1 and 2 staff.
- Provide remote support for our global operations.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is required
- 3 - 5 years of corporate IT experience as a Network Administrator in a global environment
- LAN/WAN/Internet infrastructure design and support required. Solid understanding of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, static routes, and route maps
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, security, QOS and TCP/IP planning
- Working knowledge Cisco routers, switches, and wireless equipment required
- Knowledge of Internet firewall devices, security and monitoring utilizing ISE and ACS preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco Prime and/or Cisco DNA Center software preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI preferred
- Knowledge of F5 load balancers preferred
- Knowledge of Solarwinds monitoring software preferred
- Knowledge of netflow monitoring preferred
- Knowledge of structured cabling design preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- CCNA/CCNP certification preferred
- This is a 2nd shift position located in a large manufacturing facility
- Mix of standard office environment and manufacturing area work
- May occasionally need to work on a scissor lift to access switch cabinets in the manufacturing area
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: Nuevo Leon
Community / Marketing Title: Network Administrator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX