Electrical Engineer (Control Systems)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4878
Requisition Number: R4732
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY :
As an Electrical Engineer - Control Systems in our Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems Team organization you will be a pivotal member of our team; leading the development and platforming of electronic control units and components. This includes ECU hardware/software requirements, diagnostics, and communications for domains including but not limited to powertrain, body, braking, steering, infotainment, electrification, and connected controllers. You will work with the vehicle product teams to integrate these subsystems and meet the needs of multiple vehicle product families, their platforms, and derivatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Works with the product team's electrical and system engineers to understand and decompose vehicle system level requirements into controller hardware and software requirements
2. Documents requirements and validation tests using Integrity (a requirement and software management tool)
3. Interfaces with vendor(s) and Polaris Purchasing as needed for component/module development, ensuring quality is met
4. Interfaces with other Subject Matter Experts to ensure I/O analysis is completed and communications are defined
5. Support validation team to develop, document, & execute controller, system, & vehicle-level validation plans/procedures for HW and SW including MIL/SIL/HIL simulation and/or bench/vehicle testing
6. As applicable, work with the Cybersecurity team to develop secure architectures that continue to evolve as needed to ensure security as system complexity & threats evolve
7. As applicable, ensure system design practices incorporate process improvements to align with Functional Safety goals/standards (May include leading/participating in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.)
8. Maintains controller development project plans and/or supports projects engineers in doing so
9. May perform calibration of certain controller diagnostics and communications features
10. Optimizes controller design and manages re-use to serve multiple product lines and functionality requirements with the shortest design cycle times possible + platform roadmap
11. Updates team on controller development schedule/status to clarify deliverable expectations
12. Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
13. Other duties as required. Some (domestic and international) travel required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. B.S. or higher in Engineering required; Electrical, Software, Computer or related desired
2. 3+ years' experience in design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required
3. Experience with communication networks required, CAN, UDS, and J1939 strongly preferred
4. Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, unit testing, and related documentation required
5. Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
6. Embedded hardware, electronic circuit, and RF design experience a plus
7. Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
8. Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting methods required
9. Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management preferred
10. Experience in project management strongly preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer (Control Systems)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN