Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4888
Requisition Number: R4736
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
SUMMARY: Research and Development Technician to support better product understanding through benchmarking. Whole-vehicle teardown including engine, driveline, suspension, brakes, frames and other related items. Detailed documentation throughout process is required.
- Creative and effective analysis of Polaris and Competitive vehicles
- Self-motivated, can follow instructions and gels easily with a team
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble powersports vehicles with attention to detail
- Knowledge of various part production methods used on powersports vehicles; examples include fabrication, machining, welding, castings, injection molding, electrical, etc.
- May do evaluation tests on vehicles or sub-systems as needed
- Work safely in all aspects of product development and testing, following policies and OSHA requirements
- Keep good records and write reports for vehicles torn down
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Maintain a clean (5S) work area
- Provide detailed ideas to improve quality, introduce new technologies and cost reduce different Polaris products
- Assist in organizing parts review workshops for cross functional teams inside Polaris
- Organize and label parts to be stored in an "easy to find" manner
- Thoroughly document all parts removed from vehicle including part numbers, data collection and photographing
- Preferred education- 2 year degree in technical field (ie: automotive, small engines, powersports, mechanical, engineering)
- Experience with 5S
- Preferred experience includes some time in a dealership setting
- Computer skills required - digital photography, Word, Excel, PPT
- Strong self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Exceptional communication skills. Comfort presenting work to small cross functional teams
- Able to drive project to timely completion
- Capable of reading blueprints (understanding basic measurements)
- Capable of using different measuring tools such as calipers, ultrasonic sensors and XRF guns to provide accurate data
- Knowledge of various systems used on powersports vehicles; examples include electrical, lighting, frames, suspension, brakes, fuel, powertrain, driveline, wheels, etc.
- Light fabrication experience preferred
- Valid motorcycle endorsement with on-road motorcycle riding experience
- Experience with operation of off-road vehicles such as ATV, Rangers, or RZRs
- Experience with operation of snowmobiles
- Fork lift operating certification
Note: There is a potential for travel, but low likelihood.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US