Project Engineer - Design To Value
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4889
Requisition Number: R4735
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This is the Design To Value (DTV) leader, responsible for owning the process and functional leadership of DTV projects, lab, and technician team as part of central Value Improvement Process (VIP) Engineering team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Own the DTV process by developing and refining capabilities to maximize value to all GBUs across the Polaris organization.
2. Partner with Global Business Units (GBU) to develop strategic plan for DTV efforts including competitive evaluation, benchmarking, and teardown.
3. Collaborate with program management teams to establish DTV workshop objectives within the DTV lab in Wyoming, MN.
4. Create and own multiple DTV project plans with multiple GBU teams, including cost, schedule, and resourcing.
5. Lead multiple cross functional teams to identify Consumer, Pricing, Supply, and Design insights, which are the core tenets of the Design To Value process. 6. Work with GBU program and central VIP teams to integrate insights from workshops into PDP programs as appropriate through creation and execution of VIP projects and programs
7. Own the Competitive Intelligence fleet of vehicles, responsible for asset acquisition and disposition, as well as data mining, benchmarking, and performance affirmation of competitors
8. Lead the team of technicians in the DTV lab, manage day-to-day priority and coordinate activities across multiple projects
9. Collaborate with Advanced Technology and Innovation team to optimize the use of shared resources and lab space
10. Manage Program and Department financials in PPM; accountable for financial performance of DTV team.
11. Provides data-driven recommendations to GBU customers on opportunities to improve value proposition of vehicle or vehicle platform
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering field required 2-3 years 2. PDP experience preferred
3.Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
4. Experience managing and leading team of technicians preferred
5. Previous project financial management experience with PPM preferred
6. Creative and innovative.
7. Decisive and prone to action.
8. High energy, dynamic leader with exceptional communication skills
9. Quality and customer focused.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer - Design To Value
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US