Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio US
Job Number: 4908
Requisition Number: R4811
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As the site HR Generalist/Business Partner, you will be in a highly visible position, that will have a significant impact on performance and profitability of the business. This role is the sole HR Leader for the Premier O.E.M business in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio and will have HR business partner support responsibility for the facility. This role requires experience in a broad range of HR functions including; recruitment and selection, talent management, compensation and benefits, training and development, change management, and employee relations. In addition, this role requires the confidence and skillset to work independently to creatively problem solve and drive results for HR business priorities.
The HR Generalist should be a proactive communicator and change agent who can balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure HR functional excellence in core processes such as compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, employee engagement, and organizational development.
- Play a key role in continuous improvement activity, both in implementing new and improving existing HR / talent processes.
- Analyze and interpret data as required to support HR strategy (organization fitness metrics) in core functional areas (retention, span and layers, compliance, diversity, etc.)
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to front line leaders and production employees including HR Fundamentals and Process Training, Employee Relations Management, Performance Management, Career Development, and Workplace Investigations as appropriate
- Maintain visibility and active presence, providing daily support and communication at all employee levels
- Partner with the business to drive accountability around employee performance standards including in the areas of productivity, safety and quality
- Identify employee and organizational needs on an on-going basis and coach management to respond to these needs
- Facilitate change, lead strategic initiatives, and successfully manage complex projects
- Develop and lead processes to identify, attract, reward, develop and retain a high-quality workforce
- Develop and implement recruiting and staffing strategies, with a focus on driving sustainable, cost-effective solutions
- Establish a development focused culture that enables succession planning and retention of high potential talent
- Partner with site leadership on development planning for salaried and hourly workforce
- Continue to drive a positive work environment and high employee engagement, including issue resolution, training, development and coaching
- Lead and council leadership on employee relations issues and corrective action steps in disciplinary issues
- Ensure management consistency and compliance to federal and state employment laws
- Perform Payroll duties as needed
- Represent Polaris/Premier O.E.M. in the community and foster positive community relations
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required; Masters' degree in Human Resources or related field, or MBA, preferred.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources required
- Previous experience supporting operations (manufacturing or distribution) preferred
- Understanding of core HR processes, employment laws and related procedures
- Sound judgment with the ability to integrate HR practices into business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to build credibility with executive management, operations leadership and employees
- Customer focused and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills - Ability to lead white-space processes & projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with HRIS system-based software; experience with payroll administration strongly preferred
- Standard office and manufacturing environment
- Minimal travel-5% annually
- Must be able to relocate to Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
- 2nd Shift support on an as needed basis.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Cuyahoga Falls
Community / Marketing Title: HR Generalist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio US