Project Engineer - Strategic Operations
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4910
Requisition Number: R4797
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Title: Project Engineer, Strategic Operations
This person will deliver a continuously improved future-state of operations at Polaris. This will be accomplished by shaping the operations strategy, developing and refining standard processes, identifying value creation opportunities, and leading the execution of specific projects related to insourcing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand the current Manufacturing Optimization approach and how it enables Long Range Plans (LRP). Support on-going refinement by providing analytical contributions and practical insights.
- Use the growing toolbox of operations processes to drive standardization of insource, outsourcing, capacity management, and vertical integration related work. Develop and document process improvements as standard work.
- Network with stakeholders in various departments and locations to facilitate alignment where internal manufacturing changes through investment, insourcing, outsourcing, and capacity management can drive incremental value Polaris-wide.
- Use creative thinking and problem-solving skills to identify new value creation opportunities related to make vs buy manufacturing plans Polaris-wide. Use analytics to measure and validate the value of various opportunities.
- Build awareness and agreement for specific value creation projects related to manufacturing make vs buy proposals. Get the key participants on board.
- Execute the implementation of insourcing and outsourcing projects in a manner that attains the safety, quality, schedule, and cost expectations.
- Communicate progress.
- 4-year, BS Engineering degree
- 2+ years industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Results that demonstrate organization and drive
- Flexibility to lead projects with a variety of manufacturing disciplines
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Location: Greater Minneapolis Area
- Engineering and office environment working conditions
- Travel Requirement: up to 10%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer - Strategic Operations
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US