Calibration Software Developer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4926
Requisition Number: R4877
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Business Software Developer: Seeking an individual who can develop custom software solutions for data handling, presentation, and support current software strategy. Using Python as the primary coding language, the applicant will be adding applications and scripts to a unique software environment. The position will be integrated within the Powertrain Calibration department. The position will be instrumental in supporting and delivering custom tools to handle data and apply formulas and numerical restructuring to allow a results-based process for engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Capturing and documenting software requirements and maintaining a priority list of applications being developed and track bug fixes
- Writing code and submitting new applications according to the roll-out plan
- Engaging with internal customers on usability and improving the software content and features
- Working with the chief strategist on how to build up the infrastructure and build up data manipulation tools in accordance with the modular concepts laid out
- Developing algorithms for large data fitting, surface generation
- Can handle multiple customers and prioritize requests
- Review and document GUI requirements for custom interface with software tools created
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field, master's degree preferred
- Python experience required, focused on numpy, scikit-learn and PyQt
- Experience with data handling, time series data, and other data types
- Machine Learning experience also recommended
- Experience with large data types and advanced CPU/GPU processes preferred
- Python-based GUI development
- Experience with software development tools like Jira/Bitbucket/GitHub
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Calibration Software Developer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN