Cash Application Analyst
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4928
Requisition Number: R4876
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is looking for a Cash Application Analyst to join our Shared Services organization in Bangalore. The role requires a good understanding of cash applications, the process of applying unapplied cash, reconciliation of suspense account in cash application, and process them from payment receipt to finalization
You will be responsible for Cash Applications where in you need to have extensive knowledge and ability to perform day-to-day operations while maintaining SLA. Solving queries related to cash applications and coordination with customers is required also the role will support Polaris' initiatives to drive standardization and centralization while identifying improvements in processes and other efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for Posting Payments received from Lockbox, Wires and Store ROA's to Customer Accounts w ithin the agreed timeline.
- Ensuring timely allocation and completion of all payments and queries to team to meet SLA.
- Perform daily bank balancing of bank deposits to the system of records.
- Research to Identify the Customer and Invoice details for the receipt and apply the Payments in Legend/ Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Resolve and apply on-account payments- follow up with customers to obtain remittance advice.
- Reconcile customer accounts and clean up any unapplied payments.
- Assist collections department with questions and concerns regarding incoming payments, charge backs or partial allocations.
- Investigate and follow-up with customers on all unidentified cash receipts posted to suspense accounts.
- Research payments inquiries from internal and external customers and assist with payment reconciliations.
- Investigate misapplied payments to correct and ensure proper allocation.
- Research and document overpayments and short payments of accounts.
- Assist in month-end closing procedures as needed.
- Candidate should be well versed with the OTC B2B process
- Well versed with excel and other Microsoft office application
- Manage escalations
- While executing transactions, the individual should possess strong understanding in areas of financial applications and accounting standards
- Understand the best practices of the industry and set up benchmark for quality
- Should have a good understanding of lending procedures and customer service experience
- Experience with Financial reconciliation and analysis
- Experience in dispute management.
- Reconcile transactions to match customer books, including validating credits or debits and sending them to customer for collection or refund
- Follow up on customer/internal disputes, customer questions and working between departments to get a resolution
- Exposure to interact and deal with international customers & clients
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and resolve problems
- Assist with Audits
- Handle outgoing calls
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required
- More than 4 years relevant working experience in the field of Accounting/Finance preferably in Accounts Receivable-Cash Application
- Excellent English comprehension, written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills & ability to accurately process high volumes of work within established deadlines
- Strong Organizations skills - detail oriented
- Proficient in MS Office especially MS Excel
- Open to work on US shift: 9PM to 6AM
- Quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
- General understanding of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Highly motivated individual who can work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to recognize and escalate issues to management for any process breaches
- Ability to multitask to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines effectively
- Flexibility to stretch to accomplish responsibilities timely
Position located in Bangalore, India. Dynamic fast-paced team environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Cash Application Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN