Powertrain - Development Tech
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4929
Requisition Number: R4814
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Support the Powertrain Validation Group test labs with test stand set up, engine builds, test execution, data review, and technical documentation. Work with a small fast-paced team testing engines and components for concept and production Off-Road, On-Road, and Snow Powertrain programs. This position will be focused primarily on On Road engine families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and instrument engines, transmissions, dyno stands, and testing equipment
- Review test requests and provide feedback for execution
- Teardown and/or assemble engines and related components
- Execute/monitor tests and testing equipment
- Communicate with project, design, and testing and development engineers providing feedback on test requests, test status, and part supply.
- Prepare detailed final reports to communicate/document testing results
- Assist in timely resolution of priority issues that arise in manufacturing and field/dyno testing
- Support other PT testing roles as necessary, support weekend testing as required.
- Support calibration, maintenance, and continuous improvement of PT Test equipment
- Maintain an organized, safe, OSHA compliant shop area.
Skills and Knowledge
- 2-4 Year Technical degree in Powersports, Automotive, Ag, and similar field experience. Strong background in motorcycle engines a plus.
- Familiarity with dyno testing and equipment a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints and use general measuring equipment
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting engines, transmissions, and electrical systems
- Fabrication and welding experience desirable
- Data Acquisition and Automation experience a plus: A&D iTest, SuperFlow, PLCs, DC Tools
- Familiar with engine and component testing strategies preferred
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Highly flexible and self-motivated team player
- Excellent multi-tasking ability
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain - Development Tech
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US