Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4934
Requisition Number: R4841
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The project engineer is responsible for ensuring that the cost, schedule, and performance goals are met for the Slingshot Program. This includes project tracking (BOM cost, budget management, schedule), scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, while ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance goals set forth at the beginning of the program. This role will focus on Slingshot initiatives, accessory and OEM development. Warranty and field issue resolution is also included in this job role.
- Develops project development schedules including preproduction builds, milestone reviews, and identifies the critical path tasks for the program
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Tracks project and vehicle on both cost and schedule detail to complete forecasting exercises
- Drives issue resolution amongst the design and systems engineering teams in order to keep their assigned project on schedule
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function
- Utilize the Polaris Product Development Process
- Provide direction, coordination, and design trade-offs for designers within the team
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule
- Lead and participate in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Analyzes manufacturing and field problems. Recommends and implements solutions.
- Provides technical support for promotional materials, sales/marketing information, and service publications
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required
- 3-5 years' minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action - self starter
- Quality and customer focused
- Pro-E experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fast-paced working environment
- Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.
Note* Title will commensurate to years of experience.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US