Sr Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4939
Requisition Number: R4901
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for providing technical leadership and for performing activities pertaining with the planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of worldwide off-road electrical/electronic systems and components from concept to production implementation. The primary area of focus will be on display/gauge, communication, and navigation systems for Polaris Off-Road and motorcycle vehicles.
- Design and development of electronic sub-systems for on-vehicle digital display, RF communication, and GPS systems from concept to product release.
- Develop schematics, guide board layout designs, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into complex hardware systems.
- ECAD/EDA design, component specification, BOM generation and prototype development.
- Design and implement functional tests; create reports, fault finding and countermeasure to the component level.
- Evaluate, characterize, troubleshoot, and debug analog & digital electrical systems.
- Apply DFX principles to product designs.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Support quality initiatives to improve product performance and reliability through peer deign reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and DFMAs.
- Design and development of design validation/test capability.
- Documentation and engineering release for Production.
- Manufacturing support of electromechanical products and test fixtures.
- Ability to travel and visit key vendors.
- Other duties assigned
- BS or MS in a related field with a minimum of 10 -15 years of relevant experience.
- Embedded system design experience
- Strong engineering aptitude and "can do" attitude
- Strong attention to detail with prioritization and follow-up skill.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Experience, and demonstrated success, working in a team-based environment.
- Experience with electronic circuit and RF design and PCB layout tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer digital multi-meter, etc.
- Experience in programming/debugging embedded systems.
- Experience with the full product design cycle.
- RF and GPS circuit / system design experience.
- Systems design of outdoor digital devices.
- Test and design validation experience
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Electrical Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US