Engineer, Quality Systems
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4942
Requisition Number: R4920
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely under the direction of Site Quality Manager and Global Manufacturing Quality Director to develop, train, implement and sustain global quality systems for the site
- Champion to drive Site Quality on CAPA Process, Document Management and Control, Control Plans (CP), QMS Internal Audit program within site Quality Systems Management Review (QSMR) requirements
- Work across plants, in coordination with the Plant Quality Manager, to define Site Quality Main Processes as the Quality Standard identifying all process related with Product Realization flow including the New Platform/Product Introduction Phases.
CAPA system for site (leadership, training, support, reporting, supporting QSMR)
- Reliance tool migration, support, and implementation
- Weekly / Monthly reporting and follow up
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Reliance Modules related to quality processes for site
- Own management/organization of control plans for critical manufacturing
processes as defined by NPI and global quality team as well as by site needs
- Provide Guidance to Site ME and QA Engineers from Sites/ Business Units on PFMEA and Process Control Plan (CP) development, Implementation, and Continuous Improvement.
Quality Management System Internal Audit program for site
- Define Quality Management Systems Internal Audit Scope, Frequency and Focus Areas based on Global and Site needs
- Define the planning and execution QMS Internal Audit Program
- Coordinate and execute QMS Internal Audit
- Provide Feedback to Top Management on Internal Audit Findings during Closing Meeting
Documentation Management (Development, Launch, Control and Maintenance)
- Record Retention Management (QMS Internal Audit Findings, QMS Corrective Action Plan on Minor/Major Non-Conformances)
- Support to implement Standard Work Methodology at site
- Perform other tasks in support of the quality initiatives as requested by local plant quality manager
- Work closely with local QE's and Audit Supervisor to deploy Quality Systems and Quality Tools
- Lead and manage certain corporate wide improvement initiatives as assigned
- On-site audit of other Polaris plants as required for PIA compliance
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, Engineering degree preferred (Master Degree is a plus)
- 5+ Years of experience in Quality role in Automotive (preferred), or related Industry with previous high volume production work experience
- Strong knowledge in critical quality process areas and standards: ISO 9001:2008 /TS 16949: 2009
- Root Cause Analysis, Corrective & Preventative Action Systems knowledge
- Quality Control Plan (CP) and FMEA Strong Knowledge
- Auditing Experience as Internal Process Auditor (Certified Lead Auditor, or ready to be certified within first 6 months in the job)
- APQP, PPAP, Statistical Process Control (SPC), GD&T Knowledge is plus
- Lean Manufacturing Knowledge
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, organizational skills, and analytical skills.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Quality Systems
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US