Sr Project Engineer - RZR
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4951
Requisition Number: R4907
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Sr. project engineer is responsible for ensuring that the cost, schedule, and performance goals are met for their assigned program. This includes BOM cost and budget management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, and ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance goals set forth at the beginning of the program. Warranty and field issue resolution is also included in this job role.
- Develops project development schedules including preproduction builds, milestone reviews, and identifies the critical path tasks for the program
- Tracks project and vehicle cost in detail and completes forecasting exercises
- Drives issue resolution amongst the design and systems engineering teams in order to keep their assigned project on schedule
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing, and manufacturing tasks with emphasis on safety, quality, reliability, delivery, and cost
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function
- Utilize the Polaris Product Development Process
- Provide direction, coordination, and design trade-offs for designers within the team
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule
- Lead and participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Analyzes manufacturing and field problems. Recommends and implements solutions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required
- Proven track record to lead challenging programs from concept through start of production.
- 5 or more years of previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication. leader amongst peers.
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action - self starter
- Quality and customer focused
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
- Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Project Engineer - RZR
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US