Project Manager, Program Development
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4961
Requisition Number: R5066
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As Polaris Adventures continues with rapid growth, this position will play a critical role in overseeing the successful completion of cross-functional projects and process improvement initiatives throughout the Polaris Adventures organization. They will be responsible for creating and managing the project intake process which includes partnership with internal team, leading prioritization exercises and informing all levels of the team on status and progress of projects.
A successful candidate is skilled at establishing and maintaining relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders, communicating with team and making decisions while monitoring the progress of multiple projects to ensure deliverables are met within timelines. They can be highly independent while managing and holding the team accountable in conjunction with ensuring the value of projects is understood by the broader team.
This is an exciting role that requires close team and leadership partnership skills, a wide variety of business process knowledge, problem solving, team management & leadership and the ability to effectively communicate and deploy solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages cross-functional project teams to deliver process solutions
- Creates long- and short-term plans; including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources
- Manages project timelines, tasks, resources and budget. Accountable for meeting deadlines and deliverables; motivating project team as necessary
- Manages project plans and tracking including requirements gathering as necessary
- Identifies potential risks and roadblocks with accompanying contingency plans
- Actively participates in solution definition, validation and implementation through current state process mapping, identifying gaps in process and leading group solutioning sessions
- Drives unbiased process measurement to support leaders in decision making and maintain process integrity through intake process to discuss and prioritize projects amongst Adventures leadership stakeholder group
- Identifies and executes continuous improvements to process and systems leveraging lean principles and tools
- Effectively interacts with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Key representative for leadership and progress updates, open issues and resolutions; includes dashboard on projects in flight and on deck
- Assesses change implications and properly manages Organizational Change Management throughout the team
- Manages and updates best practices repository as needed
- Works with business users post-process change/project to resolve issues, identify and implement process improvements and maintain process integrity
- Creates effective measurement standard of KPIs to creates baseline and tracks success of projects
- Provides day-to-day support to team as needed during and following projects
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Business or related field required
- Minimum 3-5 years Project Management background; project management certification a plus
- Proven success at process improvement work and leading cross-functional teams with varying priorities
- Effective cross-functional team leadership; ability to lead through influence and hold business team accountable to deliverables and timelines
- Successful history of Organizational Change Management
- Experience in a lean environment or previous lean training a plus
- Strong visual mapping skills (e.g. Value Stream Mapping; Process Flows; Relationship Diagrams)
- Highly organized and self-driven individual with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Manages competing priorities in fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficiency in SharePoint, Excel and Visio, MS Project, JIRA, Monday (or similar program) preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Standard office environment
- Limited travel required (
ABOUT THE ORG
Polaris Adventures brings together a select network of Outfitters to provide premium ride and drive experiences at popular destinations nationwide. Creating safe, memorable, year-round adventures for all skill levels, Polaris Adventures offers worry free half and full-day options for couples, families and adventure groups in state-of-the-art Polaris vehicles.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Polaris Adventures is the #1 Outdoor Ride & Drive experience network. The Research & Development team of Polaris Adventures identifies, designs and proves out internal & external programs, evolving our business maturity and best practices. Through a broad set of platforms, the R/D team creates competitive advantages that are productionized throughout the organization.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager, Program Development
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US