Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4962
Requisition Number: R4842
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Design Engineer is responsible for leading the design process of On-Road related components and systems from concept to production. The engineer will support new product development (NPD) by executing the product plan and providing advanced technical solutions to meet the consumer's needs on a wide range of designs and manufacturing process.This role will focus heavily on vehicle design and integration for Slingshot initiatives and OEM Accessory development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
- Analyze existing and new designs to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly project status report.
- Coordinate, mentor, and supervise designers and engineers within the team.
- Represents the Company at engineering/legal standards conformance meetings; prepares record searches, depositions, site, and vehicle examination reports as required.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3-6 years minimum related design experience in an O.E. Environment (title commensurate with experience).
- Required-experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package, Pro-Engineer preferred.
- Experience with the following vehicle design categories a plus:Steering and Electronic Power Steering Systems, Chassis design, Welded structures, Bolted joints and fasteners, Packaging,Castings and forgings, Sheet metal, Suspension systems, Braking systems and Tires, Electrical, Plastics component specification.
- Experience invehicle weight reduction (material, design) and cost reduction preferred.
- FEA experience and application of FEAin design preferred.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good strategic vision and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Travel as needed (less than 10%)
- Location Wyoming
- Time Type Full time
- Worker Type Employee
- Worker Sub-Type Regular
- Critical Job Critical Job
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US