Sr. Design Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4967
Requisition Number: R4976
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible and accountable for overseeing projects from kick-off to completion while providing a key role in the design of cutting-edge products. With a solid understanding of vehicle dynamics, suspension kinematics, suspension 3D modeling in Solidworks, and product development. the Sr Designer will be strong in project management to keep projects on pace with required timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates kinematic suspension models from scratch to analyze key vehicle parameters when modifying their suspension.
- Creates designs for manufacture, researches and analyze potential issues and retrieves information to execute a project from design brief to production manufacturing and ensure adherence to established specifications and standards;
- Maintains existing applications and continued product enhancements
- Provide technical guidance and advice to other team members when needed
- Manage timelines for multiple projects from inception to launch
- Maintains a hands on/driving role in the fabrication and fit up of prototype parts, ride & handling evaluation, installation, and development of field fixes as required;
- Supports project manager in completing projects as required to maximize the number of new products released to the market;
- Creates working models and drawings using Solidworks;
- Documents part assemblies, creates Bill of Materials;
- Creates detailed installation instruction outlines in conjunction with a fabricator;
- Develops manufacturing work instructions and tooling as required to introduce new products into our work environment;
- Evaluates competitors designs for use in continuous improvement processes;
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or equivalent education and work experience
- 4+ years related work experience in a Design, Engineering, Research & Development (R&D) environment
- Intermediate knowledge of suspension market with moderate understanding of ride control attributes and suspension dynamics
- Ability to communicate technical requirements and process needs to vendors, peers, management, manufacturing team
- Proficiency in hardware and assemblies required specific to automotive applications with working knowledge of materials/hardware and appropriate applications
- Ability to render initial design concepts quickly with ability to innovate by offering multiple designs within the product development cycle
- Thorough understanding for in house and outsourced manufacturing techniques
- Understanding of common industry standards, ASME, ANSI and GD&T
- Understand project demands upon Kick-off, eg. long lead time potentials
- Have ability to QC and approve 1st articles using required equipment, eg. CMM
- Understand and apply 4WP Engineering Guidelines, clearances etc.
- Ability to prioritize workload to hit product launch deadlines
- Provide technical guidance and advice to other team members when needed
- Proven MS Windows and MS Office skills, Office 365 preferred
- Proven proficiency in Solidworks sheet metal and tube structures.
- Working conditions are office environment, but includes engineering floor which subject to hot and cold temperatures
- Ability to use multiple hand tools
- Working with and around equipment and machinery
ABOUT POLARIS AND TRANSAMERICAN AUTO PARTS
For more than 50 years, Transamerican Auto Parts ("TAP") has been an industry leader in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of off-road parts for Jeeps and light trucks. TAP has numerous entities serving various niches in the automotive aftermarket under its corporate umbrella. From 4 Wheel Parts to Transamerican Wholesale, TAP subsidiaries provide the best parts and services for the customer at the most competitive prices.
Since 1961, TAP has grown with the popularity of off-roading. The company began by supplying Jeep parts to local dealers and independent service centers that catered to 4x4 enthusiasts. The original company did not deal directly with the consumer at first, but as the company grew, so did its focus. In the ensuing decades, TAP established and acquired industry leading brands, including Pro Comp, Smittybilt, Rubicon Express, and G2 Axle & Gear. The company also launched Off-Road Adventures, a magazine for off-road enthusiasts.
TAP conducts business through a three-pronged sales, service, and manufacturing paradigm. The company supplements a robust mail-order system with 55 brick-and-mortar retail centers, staffed with experienced product and installation specialists. In addition to the retail initiative, TAP has accelerated its business with the e-commerce marketplace. Led by its flagship Websites 4WheelParts.com and 4WD.com, TAP's 22 consumer-oriented sites have collectively grown beyond 2.6 million visitors each month. The TAP e-commerce network facilitates consumer sales, service, and support. TAP's manufacturing system features a 100,000 square foot research and production facility that incorporates an in-house conceptualization, design, and implementation process. From the beginning, TAP has dedicated its resources to serving its customers, and to establishing itself as the premier supplier and distributor of high quality automotive parts.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris and TAP are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN