Director, Engineering Software Excellence
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4968
Requisition Number: R5001
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
A key global engineering leadership position responsible for leading Software development excellence within the In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), Connected, and Vehicle Controls development teams. This leader will develop, grow, oversee and manage the various multi-site software engineering teams and software development processes. This leader will serve multiple internal customers (ex. vehicle development teams, Chief Digital Officer, Aftermarket & Accessories team) and interface with a large suite of cross functional teams (ex. controller hardware development, program management, information services, web/app/cloud developers) and global suppliers. The position reports directly to the VP Engineering of Global Electrical, Embedded and Connected Systems.
- Develop and maintain agile, scalable and efficient global organization
- Develop and grow multiple software teams and software processes across multiple locations
- Collect, manage and deliver against software system level functional requirements
- Create, deploy and execute a SW excellence process that appropriately captures the required balance of agile and waterfall development needs
- Provide technical leadership to ensure programs meet design requirements and are delivered on schedule and budget.
- Implement SW development metrics. Establish and predict velocity.
- Anticipate technical, schedule and cost risks, implement countermeasures and plans to achieve.
- Define, create and implement diagnostics and plans to debug and resolve issues.
- Attract, develop and retain a competent and engaged global software staff.
- Estimate scope of work, cost and schedule of key development programs while offering high value and accountability to commitments.
- Develop software roadmap and strategy, incorporating make/buy decisions
- Collaborate and direct third-party software development staff and fixed price contracts as appropriate
- Key contributor to monthly Product Development Councils (PDCs) charged with strategic planning
- Provide guidance, interpretation, and decisions in matters of product compliance and approval
- Partner with technology focused Chief Engineers on pre-development activities to stay ahead of competition.Anticipate and exceed customer needs.
- Build positive team environment with high engagement and team effectiveness across multiple locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, or Software Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) and embedded systems applied to vehicle products and subsystems is highly preferred
- Demonstrated competency in high-level software architecture for connected systems (cloud, web, mobile, embedded) and vehicle controls.
- Demonstrated competency (10+years) running/directing software teams (global, multi-location)
- Experience in program management, agile product ownership and launch.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Demonstrated success is collaborating, communicating and developing internal and external partnerships across multiple sites
- Bias for action; Solution oriented
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Engineering Software Excellence
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US