Sr. Firmware Engineer
Location: Novi, Michigan US
Job Number: 4970
Requisition Number: R4997
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking foran experienced Senior Software Engineer to build high quality products on the Ride Command team. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a technicalcontributoron the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. You will have the opportunityto directly impactcellular connectivity, infotainment, and cloud development projectsat Polaris. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Collect customer requirement
- Analyze the requirement
- Provide high level estimate and task breakdown
- Design and develop software according to the requirement
- Perform design review, code review
- Perform unit test as part of software development process
- Flexible enough to work on multiple products being produced for a fast-changing market
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
- Analyze system performance for bottlenecks
- Constantly lookfor ways to increase the team's velocity/productivity by eliminatingwaste
- Help build and maintain high team morale
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related or MS in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years software development for In Vehicle Infotainment(IVI) product.
- Strong C programming and debugging skills (C++ preferred).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
- Comfort using desktop Linux and open source tools for day-to-day development.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with Agile software development methodology in Automotive.
- Minimum of 3 years
firmware development experience in one of the following areas:
- Experience with Android Auto.
- Experience with using Android OS for automotive industry.
- Experience with BlueZ, oFono, OBEX, PulseAudio and/or related open source audio and media.
- Experience with Bluetooth (Classic and LE) and audio/DSP technologies.
- Experience CAN, Navigation, Apple CarPlay, Sirius XM, and other IVI features.
- Experience Linux kernel development.
- Experience with fast paced, agile environment.
- Experience with unit test.
- Tier -1 or Tier - 2 working experience for automotive industry.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Firmware Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Novi, Michigan US