Sr. Systems Analyst
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4992
Requisition Number: R5020
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Sr. Systems Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, development and support of the company's Web Applications in the Dealer Sales (Order, Inventory, Promotion and Retail) Domains.
Analysis & Design: Effectively partners with Product owners, Business users & Subject matter experts to understand requirements and collaborates with architects and application developers to design solutions to meet the needs of the business.
Development and Support: Take on web and API development on new web applications or modify existing web applications written in .Net technology stack. Need to interface with CRM, Microsoft SQL Server and IBMi stored procedures or APIs. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a definite plus.
Demonstrates passion for customer focus, ownership and accountability. Should be able to work independently with minimal guidance. Accountable for the results of a functional and/or project team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Requirements, Analysis (15%).
• Analyzes current and future state business processes
• Evaluates alternatives and defines a recommended system approach
• Leads in producing deliverables including business process flows, UI mockups, use cases and storyboards
• Facilitates project and administrative meetings
• Responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
Architecture, System Design, Validation and Implementation (35%)
• Transforms business and technical requirements into software design
• Leads in producing deliverables including database layouts; API contracts.
• Documents functional specifications/user stories.
• Collaborates, leads software developers, onsite & offshore
• Leads team to resolve questions and issues during development cycle
• Defines test cases and scripts (in certain projects)
• Performs system testing and leads user acceptance testing cycle (in certain projects)
• Oversee implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live
• Ensures compliance with SOX
• Work with leads and product owners to make changes to existing web applications written in .Net technology stack.
• Assist in web development with the new web applications
• Develop applications to current web standards
System and User Support (15%)
• Provides day-to-day application support to Portals and Business users
• Troubleshoots production issues and provides resolution
• Trains users on system processes and changes
• Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Cloud/Hybrid Cloud experience, especially Microsoft Azure(preferred) or AWS
• 5+ years of experience in a web application Analyst role; performing system analysis and writing specs or user stories
• 5+ years of experience in developer role, working with highly scalable web applications using .NET
• Complete understanding, and wide-reaching application of technical principles and concepts.
• Complete knowledge of how to design, develop and test web applications, APIs and databases.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
• Development experience in working with creating and modifying Web Services/APIs
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
• Experienced in frequent inter-organizational and external contact
• Strong written and verbal communication. Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical audience.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
• Accountable for the results of a functional and/or project team.
• Highly prefer exposure to D365 for Sales (D365 CRM)
• Experience writing Complex SQL queries
• Proven experience in delivering in an on-site / offshore model
• Past participation on teams run with Agile Scrum methodology by writing User Stories
• Experienced with Marketing, Sales, Service and Manufacturing business processes
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US