ORV Engineering Manager
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 5008
Requisition Number: R5136
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Responsible for leading ORV Polaris Engineering Team in our Bangalore, India location
- Responsible for hiring local engineering employees, compensation recommendations and discipline
- Build, lead, coach, and develop a world class Engineering team
- Develops, manages and controls departmental budget
- Oversee deliverables from Product Teams and ensures product group goals are executed on-time and within scope
- Develop and maintain relationships with Product Group Directors, Leaders in U.S. and other international locations
- Work with reporting manager to develop synergy with other product group teams in the Bangalore office
- Interact and work with resources from multiple engineering sites
- Grow and expand capabilities of Engineering Team
- Responsible for training and developing team in Polaris Product Development methodologies (PDP) and other appropriate processes
- Initiates and facilitate techniques and training for technical staff. Examples include setting up training for aspects of DFMEA, DVP&R, and other standardized systems introduced into Polaris.
- Responsible for managing contract work in country
- Motivates, coaches, and directs employees to further organizational objectives and promotes employee development
- Participate/awareness in key project milestones including Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews
- Support continuous improvement work with engineering to drive better efficiencies in delivery and quality of work performed
- Support program technical needs as and when required
- Support in-country supplier development as needed
- Provide production support and training during pilots of new models or features
- Maintain and promote continuous improvement of workshop area for vehicle teardowns, builds, and development
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- Bachelors degree in a related field required
- MBA or Management Masters degree preferred
- 12+ years experience in similar role
- Prior experience having managed a team of 8-10 engineers and demonstrated hands-on experience working/ownership of vehicle system or subsystem.
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package preferred
- Design and development experience required.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards preferred.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: ORV Engineering Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN