Project Manager - PG&A
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5017
Requisition Number: R5139
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
PROJECT Manager PG&A
The Project Manager is responsible for the on-time, in-full execution of development projects to meet the functional, financial, operational and quality objectives of the Parts, Garments and Accessories (PG&A) business. This includes overall project development tracking, budget management and tracking, critical development milestone reviews, and ensuring all Accessories are delivered in full at time of launch. Role also includes development and management of operational activities/projects that span across the PG&A business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver project and program objectives - schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the program launch schedule.
- Lead coordination and delivery of product instruction manual development, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure accuracy, on-time execution and availability.
- Coordinates schedules, tasks and timelines relating to design, development, layout, testing, fabrication and documentation to ensure project objectives are met per development milestones and project launch dates.
- Scope of projects range from early pre-development and technology programs to product launch documentation, end-of-life and in-field failure management resolution.
- Works closely with PG&A Product Leaders and cross-functional teams to understand, review, and document detailed Accessory project plans for assigned projects
- Tracks and budgets project spend, tooling, and leverage of internal and external resources
- Drives issue resolution amongst the design engineering, systems engineering, industrial design, and sourcing teams in order to keep project on schedule, while meeting the scope of the project
- Utilize the Polaris Product Development Process (PDP) to ensure adequate input, cross-functional leadership alignment, and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Performs other miscellaneous project-management related assignments and tasks
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- Project management certification
- 5 or more years of previous experience in consumer product development preferred.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of complex task management problems and projects
- Technical or engineering related degree is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passionate and focused on delivering on the needs of the customer
- Decisive and prone to action - self starter
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
- Note: Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager - PG&A
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US