Sr. CAE A&V Engineer, Chassis Systems
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5019
Requisition Number: R5111
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Provide insight and technical leadership in the area of acoustics and vibration analysis to support the design and development of new class leading vehicles at Polaris Industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acoustics and Vibration Simulation: Provide support for engineering teams using commercial acoustics and vibration software codes.
2. CAE Data Interpretation: Reporting and documentation including interpretation for peers and leadership.
3. Test Data Analysis: Ability to interpret test data and work collaboratively with test engineers to understand results, suggest sensor placement locations, and help drive efficient use of test resources.
4. Correlation: Ability to use test data to improve models.
5. Early Integration: Apply knowledge and tools to aid architecture selection and target setting early in design.
6. Planning: Create and track basic CAE resource plans.
7. Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of the core responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Engineering or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years' experience with advanced numerical problems such as modal analysis, forced response, TPA, and/or sound radiation.
- 3+ years' experience with intake and exhaust simulation in GT-Suite or other 1-D software.
- Experience in systems engineering, DOE, and optimization.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
- Powersports knowledge and passion is a plus.
- Preferred softwares: MSC Actran, Ansys Workbench, Altair Hyperworks, HBM N-Code, and GT-Suite
- Standard office environment.
- Up to 10% travel, primarily to other Polaris engineering facilities and vendor locations.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. CAE A&V Engineer, Chassis Systems
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US