Senior Information Security Analyst
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5021
Requisition Number: R5104
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Sr. Information Security Analyst will be a critical member of the IS Security team focused on network and application-level security controls. Sr. Information Security Analysts must be able to investigate and prepare computer security incident reports based on intrusions, events, and incidents that are detected. They will work closely with network engineers and system administrators to ensure the mitigation of all detected activity. In addition, they must assist in the evaluation and development of computer and network security tools. They must have knowledge and understanding of current and emerging threats, be able to identify them in applications and subsequently help developers understand how to avoid them. The ability to communicate effectively with leadership, developers, and operations staff is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs network monitoring and security scans for vulnerability assessments to make recommendations to the Manager of Information Security concerning security systems infrastructure, development, and policies.
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviewing security violation reports, and investigate and document possible security exceptions.
- Leads incident investigation and system forensic examinations.
- Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events.
- Develops system testing strategies, plans, cases, and conditions; monitors testing efforts.
- Develops, evaluates, and manages systems security across various enterprise systems.
- Remains current on the latest security patches, issues, methods, and techniques affecting company systems and software.
- Advises others on what changes need to be made to different systems to comply with security policies and standards.
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for systems security-related issues.
- Educates users on systems security standards and procedures.
- Works on multiple projects as a team member and lead systems-related security components.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff in difficult or conflictive situations.
- Strong project management skills including coordination, organization, documentation, and communication abilities.
- Provide technical assistance and direction to other team members.
- Performs related duties and assigned project tasks as requested.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required.
- At least 5 years of professional experience and at least 3 years focused on security and vulnerability analysis.
- CISSP and GIAC GSEC certifications preferred
- Advanced knowledge of security incident handling.
- Advanced knowledge of both network and application vulnerability assessments.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to identify information security gaps and effectively communicate to leadership.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Be able to work in a global organization supporting multi-language and multi-cultural environments.
- Standard office environment
- Some travel may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Information Security Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US