Senior Manager, Environmental Compliance and Sustainability
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5026
Requisition Number: R5138
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Job Purpose and Impact
Polaris is seeking an experienced professional that has a track record of building partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to advance environmental compliance and sustainability frameworks. The individual in this role will engage, educate, and influence internal and external stakeholders to execute on Polaris' purpose to Think Outside in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
As the Environmental Compliance and Sustainability leader you will be partnering with senior level business unit leaders to skillfully develop strategies and plans that will drive value and deliver on Polaris' Environmental Sustainability commitments and environmental compliance requirements. The individual selected for this role will be a member of the Corporate EHS&S team and responsible for leading and executing on Polaris' environmental sustainability strategy with a special focus on environmental aspect management, resource efficiency, biodiversity / land management and other materially relevant environmental aspects.
- Lead environmental compliance and sustainability strategy development for Polaris Industries
- Work with Polaris business unit EHS&S leaders to ensure compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Develop, maintain and apply industry leading expertise in environmental aspect management
- Develop and administer successful sustainability, ESG, energy and/or emissions reduction programs across multiple business platforms (On Road, Off Road, Boats, Retail, Distribution, Admin)
- Lead the planning, designing, and implementation of sustainability programs to define and achieve emission reduction objectives, including setting and validating official Science Based Targets (SBTI)
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis related to decarbonization and renewable energy strategy, including financial modeling/analysis around carbon impact, carbon pricing, price forecasting, and project cash flows
- Work in partnership with supply chain leaders to contribute to the development of responsible supply chain policy, strategies and action plans in an integrated company approach.
- Identify and work with external partners like non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundations, universities and government offices for program design, implementation, securing additional funding and project work.
- Represent Polaris in external stakeholder forums in matters related to sustainability and environmental compliance
- Serves as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems.
- Other Duties As Necessary
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (Concentration in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Business, or related field).
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in designing, managing, and implementing global environmental compliance and sustainability programs
- Experienced with global environmental regulations
- Deep knowledge of environmental and energy management systems and certifications (ISO 14001, ISO 50001, Energy Star, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and protocols (e.g., Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), etc.)
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Familiarity with strategies, policies, and tools related to environment and climate change
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Environmental Compliance and Sustainability
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US