HR Manager - ORV & Snow
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5028
Requisition Number: R5153
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The HR Manager for ORV and Snow provides HR leadership and support to 3 key groups/businesses:
- ORV Front End Business, which include: ORV Platforms (RZR, RANGER, GENERAL, ATV) , Product Management, Brand/Channel Marketing, Customer Experience Management;
- Snow Global Business Unit; and
- Polaris' Customer Growth Organization
Across these key groups, this role will have partnership across 3 difference businesses with 5 Vice Presidents and over 200 people.
This role is responsible for leading across a broad range of HR responsibilities including strong business partnership, annual process management, recruitment & selection, compensation & benefits, training & development, change management, and employee relations.
In addition, this role will lead and participate in the design and implementation of corporate HR intiatives, teams and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
HR Functional Excellence: Deliver excellent HR functional service
- Help develop and execute annual HR plans that enable and align with business strategies and priorities, employee development, leadership succession planning, and other desired organizational development and changes
- Help lead HR and business standard processes and programs for ORV and Snow GBU's
- Leverage and improve HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value for client groups in organization and people development
- Coach, counsel and direct leadership regarding Company standards and HR functional excellence
- Be a flexible team player, willing and able to play different roles on the team, such as: strategic partner, employee advocate, change agent, facilitator, or business partner
Organization: Design an organization built to succeed
- Act as business partner to portions of ORV President's leadership team to execute against strategic priorities and facilitate success against metrics, goals, and objectives
- Partner with business and HR leadership on design for the organization, including strategic and talent components described elsewhere in the description
- Balancing of organization structure to allow for maximum performance within teams.
Talent: Drive Talent Management Life-cycle (Attract, Select, Develop, and Retain)
- Talent management for ORV and Snow Business, including identification of talent needs and talent acquisition with the end game of building world-class teams with bench strength that can deliver against strategic and operational initiatives
- Build and maintain a strong teams and relationships through business partnership, coaching, mentoring and development at all levels
Culture: Ensure culture exemplifies Polaris values and drives employer of choice status
- Actively develop and foster a positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, team effectiveness and integration, and employer of choice status
- Maintain visibility and active presence within the team, providing daily support and communication.
- Actively participate in leadership meetings and strategy sessions
- Identify, communicate and problem-solve HR business processes, standards and employee relations issues
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- HR leadership and HR process management
- Strong relationship builder, communicator and business partner
- Willing and able to courageously push back or challenge the status quo
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Influence without authority
- Demonstrated learning agility
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources or related leadership field
- Proven track record of successfully creating, implementing & operating HR programs and initiatives
- Change management, org design, org effectiveness and facilitation experience preferred
- Proven effectiveness in matrix and dynamic environment
- Fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment.
- Based out of Bass Creek location.
- Some travel to other Polaris sites and events needed (20% or less).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: HR Manager - ORV & Snow
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US