Manager Engineering Fabrication/Engineering Support
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5040
Requisition Number: R5203
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: Develops and manages department strategy, planning, and tactical execution to achieve organizational goals for the engineering fabrication/prototype shops in Roseau and Wyoming. Manage Engineering support staff that provides services i.e. (parts procurement for engineering builds, customs service for correctly transferring product or parts in and out of the United States, supporting Roseau engineering buildings and grounds activities, and coordination/management of the fleet of vehicles (trucks/trailers) at both facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead fabrication departments in Roseau and Wyoming
2. Accountable for Roseau Engineering Support - supporting Roseau Manufacturing Facility, creating PO's for Engineering, managing parts procurement and shipping activities for engineering prototype builds
3. Manage Roseau and Wyoming engineering fleet (vehicles and trailers), including responsibility for Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance
4. Set strategic vision for Fab that drives improved quality, improved delivery, and increased efficiencies year over year
5. Manage work orders and location for build - WY or RO, selecting best processes and skillsets to complete fabrication requests
6. Motivates, coaches, develops and promotes employee development
7. Responsible for hiring, performance reviews, and compensation recommendations
8. Develops, manages and controls departmental budgets for Fabrication and Roseau Engineering Support
9. Must have good materials knowledge and able to translate material callouts from work orders received
10. Responsible for researching new prototyping processes and equipment
11. Must be able to handle several projects simultaneously and facilitation of large projects
12. Responsible for all capital projects related to each department
13. Responsible for acquiring quotes, capital requests, initiate purchase requests, and scheduling contractors to support facility work with minimal engineering disruption
14. Supports Roseau Facility maintenance on facility related projects
15. Responsible for overseeing customs related activity, which includes getting people, equipment, and parts to and from Canada and Monterey Mexico
16. Responsible for providing a safe work environment complying with OSHA and MPCA requirements
17. Provide other duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required or equivalent years of experience (20+)
- Associates Degree in machining preferred
- 5+ years leadership or supervisory experience
- Previous experience in field, including increasing responsibilities throughout career progression
- Basic knowledge of Pro-E and AutoCAD
- Excellent leadership and motivational ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creativity and ability to provide innovative solutions to technical problems. Decisive and prone to action.
- Good math skills
- Good communication and excellent computer skills
- Up to 50% travel between Roseau and Wyoming Engineering facilities
- Fast paced environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Engineering Fabrication/Engineering Support
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US