HR & Operations Administrative Assistant
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 5044
Requisition Number: R5205
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Position: HR/Operations Administrative Assistant
Polaris Industries Inc. is looking for a full-time HR Assistant to join our HR team in Osceola, WI! Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you are counted on to make significant contributions? Do you thrive on new challenges and want to be a part of a team that is empowered to make a difference in the organization? If so, then this is the opportunity for you.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Polaris HR & EHS teams and the Polaris plant in Osceola, WI. This position will have responsibility for ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements while also attending to the needs of internal and external customer requirements.
Specific duties of the position include:
- Provide administrative support for the full range of HR & EHSS related processes, including but not limited to: recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee engagement, plant communications, recordkeeping, incident tracking, meeting management, and receptionist duties.
- Assist employees with walk-in questions related to benefits, policies, password resets, direct deposit, applications, attendance points, new hire forms, employment verifications, etc.
- Manage the scheduling, planning, coordination, and communication of onsite events, trainings, celebrations, meetings, tours, interviews, other corporate and plant initiatives, etc
- Facilitate the ordering/ procurement of catering, supplies, equipment, gifts/prizes, PPE, etc.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process: collect new hire paperwork, complete e-verify, host new hire orientation and benefits orientation, assist with benefits enrollment, etc.
- Manage, track, communicate, and report on employee attendance and leaves of absence: collect documentation, communicate to supervisors, facilitate return to work processes, etc
- Assist the EHSS team as needed with incident tracking, EHS dashboard maintenance, record keeping, meeting minutes, communications, report preparation, COVID-19 contact tracing, etc
- Organize and maintain sensitive and confidential personnel and EHSS records and documentation, and ensure compliance with storage and record retention requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma (Bachelor's degree or coursework beyond high school is strongly preferred)
- 1-3 yrs. experience in a fast paced professional office setting preferred
- 1-3 yrs. customer service experience in a fast paced environment preferred
- Personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on a regular basis with overtime as necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Kronos, Workday, or other HRIS/ Hiring Management systems strongly preferred
- Experience with Incident Management/Tracking systems preferred
- Experience with basic data maintenance, tracking, and reporting required
- Strong Organizational and Planning skills
- Ability to work well with people in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complex problem-solving ability with prioritization and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; customer oriented and a strategic thinker
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: HR & Operations Administrative Assistant
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US